Specialist Sport (AFL) Pathway
Delivered through the Australian Curriculum as part of your child’s normal Health & PE lessons, students with a personal interest for AFL can apply for our Specialist Sport AFL Pathway.
The AFL Pathway is a mixed gender program so both boys and girls have the opportunity to pursue their interest in playing, refereeing, managing and / or officiating the sport.
The school will compete in a variety of Interschool Competitions and expose students to AFL pathways (state and national). This program will include:
- training/accreditation opportunities
- a career path component in the Sports Industry eg sports trainee, sport & recreation
- strong community links with the South Adelaide Football Club (SAFC) and SANFL
For the Year 8 and 9 students, the course is designed to prepare the player with the knowledge and competency of the technical fundamentals of the game of AFL. It offers an opportunity to pursue a comprehensive study of AFL in theoretical knowledge, technique and skills, fitness and game awareness.
As students progress through the program into the senior school they will have exposure to the following opportunities:
- A high level of technical, physical, social and psychological player development
- Specialist coaching
- A practical link to a career or part time employment pathway to the Sport and Recreation Industry (VET units) and the attainment of associated certificates and accreditation
- Specific practical strategies to support leadership roles such as player, coach, referee, administrator, trainer or mentor in the school system or the community
- Opportunities to attend sporting industry events
This specialist subjects has a fee. The fee will cover items such as uniform and association accreditation fees including coaching and refereeing courses and excursions.
Click here to download an expression of interest form to complete and return to us. You will then be notified of the subsequent phases of selection, including an interview and trial match.
For further information, contact Paul Loughhead, Sub School Leader on 8551 1900 or email email@example.com