Deputy Principal: Ms Adrienne Conley
Year 8 & 9 Sub School Leaders:
Mr Bradley Haskett
8A, 8B, 8C, 9A, 9B, 9C
Mr Paul Loughhead
8D, 8E, 8F, 9D, 9E, 9F
We offer a leading-edge learning program designed for young adolescents in a purpose-built Middle School. To encourage a successful transition to Secondary School we implement Middle Schooling methodology in Years 8 and 9 that caters for the specific needs of young adolescents.
Our curriculum provides the skills, knowledge and experiences that enable students to make choices and plan appropriate pathways into thesenior school, tertiary study and vocational options. Central to our successful Middle School is the commitment to establishing positive relationships with parents and the involvement of students.
- Year 8 classes capped at 22 students.
- Small teams of teachers and students working together usually over a two year cycle.
- Information Technology used across all curriculum areas. Wireless notebook computers in all Middle School classrooms.
- Teachers who are specially qualified and/or who have specially chosen to work with young adolescents. The same teacher for a number of subjects eg Mathematics, Science, English, Society and Environment, Physical Education.
- "SEAL" Class (Students, Enriched and Accelerated Learning) for high performing students.
- University reviewed Literacy and Numeracy program for students with learning difficulties.
- Award winning purpose-built facility for students with disabilities.
- Nationally recognized music program, locally acclaimed Performing Arts, and sporting teams that successfully compete at local state and national level.
- Opportunity for gifted students to be accelerated.
- Program Achieve taught to all students to develop and enhance lifelong learning and social skills.