Newsletter Term 1 2017 - Issue 1
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
welcome to the new school year
We gathered on day 1 in the gymnasium with a morning assembly to begin the 2017 school year. This was a great opportunity to remind both students and staff about “AD OPTIMA”, TO SEEK THE BEST. This is Victor Harbor High’s motto and will feature in our conversations along with the school values PERSEVERANCE, INTEGRITY, CREATIVITY, and RESPECT. Our focus remains on Attendance, Behaviour and Achievement.
I spent some time during the break reflecting on 2016 as I started preparing the 2016 ANNUAL REPORT and it is with pleasure that I offer my congratulations to all the students who met their personal SACE completion goals. These students are evidence of practicing perseverance and diligence as they steered their course through the Stage 2 SACE.
The 2016 SACE outcomes are the result of 5 years of focused and deep work through the SITE IMPROVEMENT STRATEGY and the staff and I are very keen to keep this momentum happening.
Please join us at our ACQUAINTANCE EVENING on Monday 13th February so we may continue to partner together TO SEEK THE BEST.
Ms Amanda O'Shea
2016 SACE Results
Congratulations to our Year 12 Graduates on their outstanding 2016 SACE results.
The Victor Harbor High School community are extremely proud of the results achieved by the Class of 2016. Compared with results from the previous six years, the 2016 graduating class is responsible for:
- the average ATAR soaring more than 22 points
- the SACE completion rate rising 14%
- the percentage of A's achieved climbing more than 10%
In addition, two students were awarded subject merits, Kira A. for Visual Studies and Chelsea W. for Maths Applications. Students gain a subject merit if they achieve an overall subject grade of A+ and demonstrate exceptional achievement in the subject. Subject merits will be presented at the SACE Merit Ceremony held at Governor House in February.
Further acknowledgment goes to the following students who scored a 90 plus ATAR.
- Kira A. 98.4 plus a merit for Visual Studies
- Kaitlyn G. 94.95
- Leela W. 93.75
- Chelsea W. 93.6 plus a merit for Maths Applications
- Kate F. 92.55
- Aidan H. 90.35
Introducing our new staff members
We are delighted to introduce the following passionate and enthusiastic team members to our school:
- Jess Bhatia - Senior Leader: Special Education Sub School
- Phil Boyle - Stage 2 Sub School Leader
- Ashley Foote - Senior Leader: Maths, Science, Numeracy
- Tara Connor - Teacher: Special Education
- Lauren Dart - Teacher: HPE
- Jack Nisbet - Teacher: Maths / Science
- Kristen Rothwell - Sports Assistant
- Ella Tucker - Teacher: English / HASS